moving suppliesMoving into a new property investment will always involve a lot of packing. It’s a tough and tedious job but its’ something that will always have to be done. After all, we need to safeguard our possessions and assets. They are investments too regardless of size and financial value.

But what many people fail to realize is that there’s more to packing than just chucking things into boxes. In order to correctly and effectively protect one’s belongings, certain supplies will have to be bought and used. Besides, different items have varying degrees of fragility and dimensions.

So what packing supplies should you stock up in time for your property investment move? Here’s a list.

  • Boxes – These containers that come with a flat base and sides are typically square or rectangular in shape and have flaps. They come in different sizes and are made of durable carton. They hold almost about anything from clothes, to shoes, to books, to furniture, and even appliances.
  • Bubble Wrap – Characterized by a clear bubble-filled plastic material made out of two transparent films with distributed air bubbles, these are used for cushioning breakable objects during shipment. They are more durable as compared to paper and newsprint and can be used over and over again. A popular use for them includes that of protecting antiques and, computers and breakables.
  • Mattress Covers – To keep your mattresses and box springs protected and unsoiled these thick and sturdy bedclothes are used.
  • Newsprint – These are those cheap, low-quality, absorbent printing paper made from coarse wood pulp and used chiefly for newspapers. Likewise, they are used to provide that added cushion of protection to breakables like plates and mirrors.
  • Packing Paper – These are tough heavy paper that is often used to wrap parcels and packages to prevent breakage. They are carefully wrapped around fragile items.
  • Rope – Ropes are a length of strong cord made by twisting together strands of natural or artificial fibers or even plastic. Like tape, these are used to secure boxes and to tie around items.
  • Tape and Dispensers – These are refer to those strips of plastic or paper with an adhesive surface used for sealing, binding and attaching items together. They are used to seal the flaps of boxes or to secure lids, drawers and doors of furniture and appliances. Tape guns and dispensers, although not required, are handy to have because they make things easier and more convenient.
  • Wardrobe Boxes – For clothes that must be kept hanged, these become very efficient as they are tall enough to keep garments in shape while they are stored and transported.
  • Ziploc Bags – These are those plastic, reusable, re-sealable storage containers with interlocking ridges or zippers near the edges. This characteristic allows for easy and effective sealing making them a popular choice to contain small items like hooks, screws, earrings, necklaces, pens and other smaller items that can get easily lost during a property investment move.